Thursday, January 14, 2016

Uncovering What you Truly Want

There are pros and cons to starting over.  The pros are, when you've hit rock bottom, the only way to go is up!  And now you can design the life you really want.

The cons are that the world appears totally different than it did before, and it requires some soul searching.

The Artist's Way was great for that.

Tapping into the authentic me -- not the past me....or the Caregiver me, or the wife me, or even the new title of Widow -- that didn't fit me either.  It starts from where I am today and what that feels like.


The one thing I knew for sure is I wanted to be out of New Jersey.  I had been there for Jeff.....and then Zack, because that was all he knew.  But I loved Florida, and Tampa especially.  To me that felt like home, and right now I wanted to go home.

Out of the cold, away from the snow and ice, down to the sunshine and warmth......and be closer to my family.  That felt right.

There were too many memories and ghosts in my house.

I needed a Sunny New Beginning.  

What would that look like? I began to envision.

The rest....slowly was excavated.

No comments:

Post a Comment