Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Creating a Win/Win......In Plan B

I can remember being on the phone with my brother, sharing my plans about selling my house and moving down to Tampa over the summer, so I can get Zack ready for school in the fall.

Him then saying, "you can't move down to Florida without selling your house."

And I responded with, "I am moving down to Tampa this summer. I am not waiting."

In my mind, my house would sell and I would be out of here.

But after a month of not much action I started thinking, "what are my options?"

I could rent our my  house? But I would be living so far away.  I couldn't just have anyone in my house if something goes wrong.......

Then in the quiet of the night, as I lay in bed trying to fall off to sleep, a vision formed in my head and I could see all the pieces fitting together.

I had some friends in our community who had two little kids, and they had really outgrown their house.  But they weren't in a position financially to sell it and move into something bigger right now.

My house was bigger.  If they moved into my house, and then rented out their house, they could use my house as a transitional place as we all figured out the next pieces.  And I just knew their house would get rented right away. It was a block from the beach and quaint.

However, I Really just wanted to sell my house and be done with it.

God had other plans.....

As I kept putting off talking to my friend, hoping an offer would come through on my house ~ the plan kept nagging at me.

"You have an asset, it can help your friends, and you can continue with plans to move away, " like a small voice this sentence kept running through my head.

When I finally shared my idea with my friend.....all the pieces seemed to come together and fall into place ~ as I saw them.

It became a Win/Win for everyone.

Sometimes the thing we most want at the time, isn't what we really  need.

No comments:

Post a Comment