Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Starting Over Again

After the first set of big holidays; my birthday, Thanksgiving, Zack's birthday, Christmas and New Years, I was spent.

I felt like I had to ride them out, endure the grief that accompanied them, and get to the other side.

But once January came, I knew in my heart I needed to put a plan together.

I don't operate well without a plan.  Just coasting along and being carried by the breeze doesn't work for me.

I had been given the best advice when my Uncle told me I should hold off making any big decisions for a year.  And I took that to heart.  He was right.  Mentally and emotionally I couldn't have handled a big decision.  I had an endless list of small details that had to be unraveled and that was enough.

As I wandered around my house, I knew there was an answer there someplace.  It was only when I came to the bookshelf in my office, and zeroed in on The Artist's Way workbook did an aha moment happen.  I felt like the answers would be found in going through the workbook.

A few months after my 30th birthday, a friend had recommended the Artist's Way as an avenue to uncover my creativity.  I thought it was just a book about how to journal, but found it was so much more.

It has almost a magical aspect to it.

It became a portal to my creativity, my writing and my purpose.

This workbook was one I had bought for Jeff years before, which he never started.

With the winter upon me, and a deep need to hibernate, embarking on this 12 week journey to rediscover myself felt like the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment