Monday, January 11, 2016

Meaning to Life

When I reflect back, I have a lot of pivotal, life changing moments, as many of us do.  My experiences get categorized like "before I left Tampa, after I moved up north, before I had my son, after I had my son, before Jeff got sick, and after he passed away."

In the aftermath of Jeff being gone, I went back to journaling to make sense of my world and my emotions.

I was filled with such anger ~ it was explosive! And such negativity and despair.  I knew it wasn't healthy.

I was also shell shocked, shaky, scared and off balance.

My day to day existence had been rocked to the core and I was lost.

The outside world didn't make sense any longer.  

I had just walked to the brink of death with my husband, at 47 years old, and watched him leave this life, with him fighting until the end.

Going off to work, making dinner and doing homework with my son seemed meaningless.

Where was the meaning to life?

No comments:

Post a Comment