Saturday, January 9, 2016

Remembering What I was Meant to Do

Writing has always been my saving grace. When I was young I spent a lot of time alone, and my journal became my best friend.

I would write to God in my notebook because I felt he was always there, listening, supporting and loving me unconditionally.  I could tell him anything.

As I got older and went off to college, writing became more of a hobby and got pushed to the background, as my business side took over.  

I started my first business while still in college and then went on to create several successful businesses afterwards.

Then God sent me my first Wake-Up Call right before my 30th birthday.  A mysterious invitation arrived at my condo for a Women's Writers Conference in Saratoga Springs, NY.

I can remember standing in my kitchen staring down at the paper wondering Why this was sent to me in the mail.

But the more I held onto it, and read the information, the more I felt compelled to attend.

It was during that weekend, when I was away from my day to day life, that my soul remembered how much I missed my old friend ~ writing....expressing.....creating.

It was time to change my focus and move into a new direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment