Sunday, January 17, 2016

Facing Your Giants

Being transplanted from Florida and living in New Jersey was very difficult for me  The culture is different, the lifestyle is different, the winters were hard and I missed my network of friends and family.

But I was building a personal side with Jeff.  We had bought a house in a beautiful lake community, we had an amazing little boy and we were starting to create a new lifestyle.

In that lifestyle, I wanted to find a church that I could start going to with Zack.  I hadn't found a Catholic Church I felt comfortable in and I began praying for the right church for us.

Through a series of circumstances we were introduced to Cornerstone Christian Church and immediately I felt like I was home.

One aspect that enticed me were their small groups, where women came together, read a christian book and studied it during a season.  I also loved that there was child care for Zack.

It felt like a magnet was pulling me towards the table to learn more about the choices of groups available.

Throughout my life I have always had books come across my path at exactly the right time to share wisdom that was relavant.

And for this choice, I allowed my instinct to lead me.  I immediately connected with "Facing Your Giants" by Max Lucado ~ Focus on Giants - You Stumble, Focus on God ~ Your Giants Tumble.
A story about David and Goliath.

It was during this course I learned that the story of David and Goliath was the same David as King David.

But what resonated with me the most was David's journey out in the desert, running from Saul, all those years........until finally Saul was dead and David was able to go home and become King.

At that time I had felt like David, having run from Tampa to New Jersey and I was living in the desert ~ learning, growing and waiting to go home.

Now my tine in the desert was over.  I just had to put the pieces in place to get back to Tampa and set up the life I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment