Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Bloom Where You're Planted

Many years ago I was in a drought season.  I couldn't seem to find my happy.  I walked into a book store looking for some inspiration.

I came across Joel Osteen's book `Everyday a Friday' and the title made me smile.

I bought it and suddenly became absorbed in the pages of positivity.

When I came across a section entitled "Bloom where you're Planted," a revelation hit me.

As much as I had been struggling with being planted in New Jersey, it was my role to bloom.

Reflecting back.....God threw me out here with Nothing.....to prove to myself that I can make it.  I am resourceful enough to build something from scratch and I have the perseverance to keep going.  

Before I left Tampa, I had believed it was my partner who made the business successful and that was because He had manipulated me to believe that.

In reality, it was because of my efforts that we pulled off the deals that we did.

It took me a long time to Own that.  

A couple of years after arriving, and shortly after the attacks on 9-11, I felt compelled to help.....so many kids were fearful and were looking for guidance. (as were their parents)

Through a series of messages sent in my direction, I created the First Family Coaching practice in the country, and pioneered a way to help kids through tools, instead of therapy and medication.

I've had so many parents thank me for providing insight to their kids over the years.

I realized that God planted me in New Jersey for Many Reasons and unbeknownst to me I blossomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment