Friday, February 26, 2016

All the Little Moments

As much as anyone who has ever been married knows, no matter how much you love your spouse, no one's perfect.  There are things that person may do that annoy you ~ but you put up with their idiosyncrasy's because you love them.

And it is all the little things that they do right that you hang on to.  

The flowers he would get for me on Mother's Day, all the cards he would write out with such care and love, the phone calls during the day to check in, and loving conversations about Zack.

One of the biggest things that I miss about Jeff is how Great a Dad he was.

I have heard of many couples arguing over ways to parent their children ~ but in that area, we always agreed.  We were of the same mind set when it came to taking care of, raising, supporting and empowering our son.

He was so involved with Zack's life, always at every practice and every event.  Zack was his world.

Not being here is a huge void in Zack's life, losing his biggest fan, and in mine.......as I parent alone.

I miss not having him to step in when I am having an off day, to take Zack off to do something fun and give me a break, or so I can go running on the weekend, or to just be a buffer when I need some space.

I never had to worry about who would be there for Zack, because I always knew he was.  

I miss that for Zack as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment