Thursday, February 18, 2016

Turning Grief into Action

When you walk alongside someone you love, as they Battle for their life, and you do Everything humanly possible you could to save them........but ultimately that person passes away anyway, with so much life ahead still to live.....

The world just doesn't seem that important any longer.  

What once mattered, or what I used to strive for, and to build, seemed insignificant.

What was the purpose?

What was my purpose?

Before Jeff got sick, I had grand plans for my career.  But as I now know God's plans are not necessarily my plans.

God had been nudging me to step out more in my faith, but that wasn't where I was comfortable.

Afterwards, the only thing that did seem to matter is that if I was going to have to stay on this earth, I needed to do something that mattered and was impactful.

Our world gets crazier by the day, and I could see people are starving for inspiration and hope.

What came to me as I worked through my grief is that I needed to follow God's lead, not my own.

Believe that he has a plan for me and money is not the motivator ~ using my talents, helping others and making a difference, that should be my focus.

As I started getting stronger and healthier, a vision started becoming clearer and I could no longer keep my faith quiet, because it is the only thing that kept me going........and still does!

No comments:

Post a Comment