Thursday, February 11, 2016

Building a New Start-Up.......My Life

I have built several businesses from scratch over the years and to begin you need a vision, a plan, and a set of goals.  You can't get anywhere without a road map.

As I was writing my morning pages, hibernating during the winter months, my vision was becoming clearer and a plan started forming on paper.

When I went down to Tampa in April, to look around at houses with a Realtor, and spend the week with friends and family, towards the end, I didn't want to go back to N.J.  I just wanted to stay.

But I kept hearing that little voice inside saying, "it is only 4 months and then you will be back.  There is a lot to do in that time.

Which I knew in my head, but my heart wanted to stay in the sunshine and start my new life.

However, everything is a process!

Over the next four months I had a ton of work to do to get us ready to leave N.J. and move down to Tampa.  We had people to say goodbye to and details to finish up.

Then the month of August was spent acclimating ourselves, settling in to our new place and getting Zack ready for school.

When school started it was a huge culture shock for him.  He cried everyday for a month when I walked him to his classroom in the morning.  A big step was not having to do that and instead dropping him off, like the other kids, in front of the school in the car line, to walk in by himself.

I then considered the Fall to be the second wave of building a solid foundation on the home front.

You can't build up if you have a weak foundation.  So I focused on taking care of all the details to make sure Zack was ok, with a Nanny, with friends, with sports, and our surroundings were comfortable.

By the time the Christmas holidays came around I was exhausted.......but I had accomplished A Lot.

The foundation was strong ~ it was now time to Build the Second Phase of my plan ~My Career!

And that would be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment