Monday, April 4, 2016

Now Is The Time

I have spent Many Winters up north cooped up inside, while my soul yearned for running outside in the sunshine, going to an outdoor Super Bowl party, sitting in the stands of the Phillies and Yankees Spring Training games, and walking around the many festivals and outdoor fairs that were going on in Florida.

I would watch my friends and family having a life ~ Living and Laughing ~ while I got by........until the Spring and Summer, when the weather would soften up and welcome me outdoors.

My son would run around in the house diving for balls and pretending he was playing football outside.  That energy needed to be unleashed outside, on the grass, in a wide open field......all year long.

No more time to waste.......time is of the essence.  It is time to live, experience, enjoy and blossom into who I am supposed to be.

When I think back on all the conversations I had with Jeff about places we wanted to go, things we wanted to do, or events that were 'put off until another day' I feel sad, because those some days will never happen.

Life is too short for regrets.  It is too short for 'what if's' and it is too short to let fear stand in the way of what could be.

A lot has been accomplished in the last two years.....I no longer yearn for Florida because I am here.....running outside, going to the spring training games, attending that outdoor super bowl party, Zack is playing basketball outside on our driveway, football and baseball at the park, and swimming in the pool.  We are living, we are laughing and we are building a new life.

I believe there are more adventures ahead.  I just keep walking forward and allowing God to show me the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment