Thursday, April 14, 2016

Stop Looking Backwards

I know all about Leaving the Past behind, Living in the present and keeping my eyes towards the future.  Those statements do resonate in my brain as true.

But yesterday, I had a Realization hit me that resonated with me Emotionally.  And the emotional side is what has to buy in to believe it, and achieve it!

I flipped over to look at pictures of Jeff on my phone and I stopped myself........a thought hit me ~

Stop Looking Backwards ~ There is Nothing There!

I kept looking at a ghost ~ remembering good times ~ wanting the other parent to help me with Zack ~ and envisioning a partnership.

But that doesn't exist any longer.

I am HERE ~ he is not ~ and if I want a personal relationship, someone to have fun with and possibly help me parent Zack.....I have to look in the present and towards the future!

The Past is Gone......

And again ~ Mentally I know that ~ but emotionally it had to sink into my heart.

It's time to put the ghosts to rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment