Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Anniversaries Are Hard

Whether the Anniversary was of a good day together or a bad day, both are hard to deal with.

Memories of both swirl through my head.

Yesterday, it was a mix of both ~ thinking back to 2 years ago and all of what we went through when Jeff was so very sick........and the end.  Each hour, and event, plays like a movie in my head.

But then I reflect on the fact that he is NOT sick any longer ~ He is free and happy in heaven and wouldn't want me dwelling on when he was sick.

Then my thoughts flip over to when we met......the good times we had.....and so many memorable times that we shared.

I also think about the times Jeff has reached out to me to let me know he's here and he's always around us!

That brings me comfort.

It doesn't eliminate the sadness, but it does ease the pain.

Today, I pulled Zack out of school because both he and I needed a mental health day.  In my heart I wanted to head to the beach and commune with the ocean, but after a fitful sleep and a couple of bad dreams, both of us didn't have the energy for the drive.

Its better to ease through the day rather than fight the emotions.....or the memories.  Hanging out by the pool and being together is what matters. Sometimes you just have to check out!

We loved him and he is missed!


No comments:

Post a Comment