Sunday, April 17, 2016

I'm Coming Out

Yesterday when I was in the car with Zack, driving back from a Tampa Bay Rays game, Diana Ross's song "I'm Coming Out" came on the radio, and it had me reflecting.

My journey of life has been very interesting.  

When I think about my life in Tampa years ago, I was so entrenched in business, building up the non-profit I created to help kids in foster care, and constantly entertaining clients.

Then after moving up north, due to many different dynamics, I almost wasn't the same person I used to be.  I have looked back over time and felt like I lost a big part of myself.  And now I realize it wasn't lost, just maybe hidden away.

As I have moved back to Tampa, I find I am rediscovering aspects of myself that I haven't seen in a very long time.

When my friend Diane, was here visiting in February, she said I am this new and improved version of the Tracey she knew.  And this is probably true.

Even during my previous life in Tampa there were parts of myself that hadn't had the chance to bloom ~ some negatives even then were holding me back.

I feel like I am in the blooming stage of my life right now.

I'm Coming Out! 

As if layers of an onion are being pulled back to get to the heart of the real me.  

Even the other day, another piece of me unfolded and I was like "Wow! I remember that part of me ~ it's been a long time!"

I still see aspects that are fertile and ready to grow, to become stronger and shine.  In another 6 months or a year.........I look forward to seeing who I become!

No comments:

Post a Comment