Monday, April 18, 2016

Give Yourself a Break

2 1/2 years ago I ran the Marine Corps Marathon with my sister and brother.  Five hours without stopping.  Then after I came back from Washington, DC I got caught up in Jeff's health crisis again, as well as starting a new consulting job.

So running got put on the back burner.

Then during that first year after, running and speed walking would happen in spurts because for me, running is as much mental as it is physical.  I couldn't seem to muster up the energy.

My body, all fit and lean from training for a year was No Longer.  

And I got so busy packing and moving us down to Florida that my energy was sapped up.

After getting settled in Tampa, I started working out with a trainer to get back into shape.

But with the pressures and stress of building a foundation for mine and Zack's future, it drained most of my energy!  Although......I continued trying to push through.

Right now I can see where I can make improvements on my physical.......and I will!

I just have to remind myself that it's OK to go through this phase......Be Easy on myself ~ I can't do Everything!  But that can be hard for me to accept sometimes.

I keep saying......The physical will come.....and mentally I will get back into that training mode.

To motivate myself, my sister and I signed up for a Half Marathon in October to celebrate my birthday.  It is a worthy goal, and it gives me enough time to train.  

All in good time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment