Thursday, May 5, 2016

Sharing Hope, Guidance & Direction

God has always directed me into struggles so I would be able to relate to the challenges of others.

When I look back on my life, I sometimes wonder how I made it this far?

So many disappointments and loses in business.  Starting over from scratch a couple of times.  Marrying later in life.  Struggling to have a baby and get pregnant.

Having my husband get cancer and become his primary caretaker.  Then finding myself a widow with a young son at 47 years old.

I now have a wealth of experience to share with others.  Is that my role?

Years ago, when I was contemplating my next career move, I continued to have people stop me on the street and ask for directions.  At first I thought it was odd ~ considering that I was fairly new to New Jersey.  But I figured people thought I looked approachable and felt comfortable asking me.

It wasn't until one day, when I was speed walking near my house in Edgewater, when a car came barreling down the hill, jumped the curb and almost hit me. As it stopped, the driver rolled down his window and asked me for directions.

At first I was stunned and had to gain my bearings before I directed him back up the hill.

As the car sped away and I went back to my walk, a statement rang in my head, "everyone is looking for guidance and direction, and it is your job to provide it."

It was after that experience when I pioneered the first Family Coaching practice in the country, out of a holistic chiropractors office.  We did some great work over the years helping kids and their parents, providing tools, guidance and direction.

At that time if kids were having issues like frustration, anger, stomach problems, feeling depressed or anxious, parents would take them to a psychologist or a therapist.  And those are great avenues, but what I found is in most cases these kids felt powerless, or misunderstood, and what they needed were tools to equip them for life.

Now God has me bumping into Hope these days and how it got me through, propped me up.........and kept me going.

I have been at the bottom many times in my life ~ Hope and God moved me through!

It seems like life gets harder and the world is getting crazier ~ it will take a lot of Hope to get us Through!  

No comments:

Post a Comment