Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Life Can Change in an Instant

17 years ago I walked into Carmine's in New York City and my life was forever changed.

Some couple's celebrate their first date ~ Jeff and I always celebrated the fateful day that we met, on May 25th.  I had just landed at my aunt and uncle's house 10 days earlier, for the summer and boom, everything changed.

After that night we would get together every couple of days.  This continued on throughout the summer and then in October, we moved in together.

I have been reflecting a lot lately on how life can change in an instant.  There have been so many situations where one day changes everything.

In the early 90's I told my business partner that I wanted more business, so he cold called Sears Tower in Chicago and because of that call, we flew to the Windy City one January day and closed a multi-million dollar deal that sent me on a career whirlwind.  

It also proved to me that Anything is Possible!

Timing also plays a factor.  You can be trying and trying and trying and then boom......out of nowhere it works.

Jeff and I were trying to buy a house in Ringwood a year after we got married, and two failed attempts and almost a year later, we go to see a house with our realtor, that had just come back on the market and it was perfect!!  

That lake community was a saving grace for me.  I have always said if I needed to live in New Jersey.......Ringwood was the best place to be.

During that period of time Jeff and I had also been trying to get pregnant.  After 2 years, with no success, and after getting settled into our new house, we decided to go see an infertility expert.

3 failed attempts and 1 successful IVF treatment later and I get pregnant! Timing.  Just when you feel like there is no answer.....suddenly one appears.

Each of those experiences took my life down a new path.

Last year, I can remember stressing over finding a rental house in the community I wanted Zack and I to live in within Tampa.  But the houses were being scooped up so quickly.

Then the end of May I got a call from my realtor about this house.....that was Exactly what I was looking for......and we got it.  Securing that house allowed all the other pieces to fall into place to transition us down to Tampa.

Another new path opened up.

I am curious to see the people and the plans that God has in store for me, each day as I venture out into the world.  

Something extraordinary can happen in an instant!

No comments:

Post a Comment