Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Readjusting my Mindset

There are days when we can have an "aha moment" that can totally change our perspective.

I have always felt that life can fall into 2 categories ~ perception vs. reality.  And if the perception is wrong, it can have an adverse effect on your reality.

In my case, I had come so far and made so many positive changes in the last year, but my brain was still clinging to all the negative experiences ~ all the pushing to get to a happy place.  And I suddenly realized that where I am TODAY is different from those experiences, but yet I hadn't let them go emotionally.

I liken it to walking through the desert for a long time ~ searching for an oasis, then finding myself lost in a dark valley for several years, until I came upon a mountain I had to climb.

For the last year I have been climbing and climbing, with my focus on the top ~ reaching the sunshine and breathing clear air.

But during my journey ~ all the negative experiences and emotions got filled up in my backpack......and I've been carrying them up that mountain.

The other day it hit me ~ I may not be at the top of the mountain yet, but I have reached a Plateau and if I stop and really look around ~ the view is pretty nice!

I dropped my backpack on the rocks, took a deep breathe and scanned the view ~ it's been a long climb!!

But I am No Longer in the valley, or stuck in the desert.  

I can see them far away in the distance ~ but that's not where I am today!

Release the baggage that has been dragging me down and Realize where I am at TODAY!

There is so much opportunity for happiness at this plateau.  I can rest here a bit.........because the top of the mountain is so close.


No comments:

Post a Comment