Thursday, May 19, 2016

A Moving Meditation Elicits Answers

I have never been the kind of person that can sit and meditate ~ I usually need to be moving and doing.

I used to be a runner years and years ago, but I found I wanted to be 'Out in Nature' longer than my normal run, so I started speed walking instead.  While outside moving and communing with nature, I could clear my head, process issues going on in my life, get positive affirmations out into the universe and tap into answers.

I did that for many, many years.

Then my brother wanted me and my sister to run a marathon with him for his 40th birthday.

So I began running and training again.  I had a Reason to go for hour long runs on a regular basis and even longer runs once a week.

Those runs kept me sane!

With just me and road I could step out of the craziness of my life and find perspective and clarity.

But to me running is just as much mental as it is physical.

There was awhile after running that marathon where I just didn't have the heart or mental capacity to get back on the road and commit to the run.

But with time and healing that too changed!

My siblings couldn't believe that that I ran the half and full marathon without listening to music.  To me running gives me the time to think ~ no phones, no computer, nobody needing me......just me and my thoughts.

Those runs are now my moving meditation.  When I'm feeling anxious, or want to sort out a problem, or look for another avenue to accomplish a goal, I throw on my sneakers and head out the door.

It is a way to tap into the spiritual force in the universe and the peace I need to ease my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment