Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Childhood Memories at the Park

After school it was a perfect day outside and Zack wanted to go to the park ~ see some friends and play baseball.  The beauty of the day was calling me as well ~ to get out of the house, away from my computer and into the sunshine with my son!

When we arrived and walked out to the baseball field I took in all the sights, smells and sounds.  The smell of the grass on a warm day, the sun shining down, the sky so bright blue with wispy white clouds hovering above, it was a feeling like nothing else.  

There were kids climbing trees at the playground and I broke out in a big smile as it brought me back in time to when I was young and loved to climb trees. I was a tomboy and spent a lot of time sitting in a big willow tree in my back yard, out in nature, enjoying a birds eye view of the world.  

As I glanced around I noticed a girls lacrosse team out on a big open field and I immediately reflected back to when I was in middle school and I would practice cheerleading in a similar field, getting ready for tryouts......practicing, hopeful, determined and passionate!

Those moments can bring such a calm that settles over you, to simpler times, memories in life that are precious and easy.  Life should be like that every day.

As for yesterday, I enjoyed a perfect afternoon, and all was good in the world.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment