Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Gone But Not Forgotten

I knew today would be difficult for me, as it is my wedding Anniversary.  So to get through it ~ a few weeks ago I booked a massage and a facial, and planned on easing through the day.

Then I get up this morning, check my e-mail messages and click over to Facebook as I have notifications there, and this pops up in my Facebook memories:

A post from Jeff to me from 4 years ago ~ the year before he got sick saying ~

"Happy 9th year of marriage in this lifetime!  My love and admiration for you is stronger each day.  I love you."

And I am hit with sadness and longing to hear him say those words to me ~ to wrap me up into his arms in a big warm embrace, allowing me to feel as if everything is right in the world ~ for just those fleeting minutes.

But I won't, ever again ~ see his smile or hear his laugh.

Although this past weekend I could just hear him talking to me, after Zack and I visited his grandparents in St. Augustine.

There was definitely a void without him, during that visit, but his spirit was present.

Maybe Jeff did send me that Facebook Memory to my phone today to let me know that while I will be thinking of him on our Anniversary, he's thinking about me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment