Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Waking up to Bible Verses





As I have been reading The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, I am getting a better understanding of the purpose behind all the challenges and tests that I have endured throughout my life.

I most recently read the chapter on "It Takes Time." It talks about how "Great souls are grown through struggles and storms and seasons of suffering.  Be patient with the process. James advised, Don't try to get out of anything prematurely.  Let it do its work so you can mature and be well developed."

Waiting periods for me seem to be another test.  Learning to Wait on the Lord, while he works behind the scenes in my life, as well as within me.

In this latest waiting period that God has me in, he is pulling me towards my Bible, to read through verses and parables that are running through my head as I wake up in the morning.  As if he is sending me messages.

Instead of rushing to my computer to get work done, he is drawing me into his Word.

John 16:10 ~ Whoever can be trusted with very little can be trusted with much.

Matthew 25:14 - 30 ~ Parable of the Three Servants:  The servant who received 5 bags of silver began to invest the money and earned 5 more.  To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance.

In searching for this verse and Bible parable, I realized how much I knew of the Bible in parts but not the whole.  I know about the characters and parts of their stories, but not everything about them.

The Bible had always seemed too overwhelming to read as a book.

Acts 20:32 ~ God's Gracious Word can make you into what he wants you to be and give you everything you could possibly need.

As God calls me to his Word, I am starting at the beginning and taking it a few pages at a time, absorbing all that he wants me to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment